Thursday 19 June 2014

For your thoughtful enjoyment - AFTER you're done

When you are done posting your comments, you can watch these videos.

1. I really like Upworthy.  They show some great, feel good, make you think type videos that aren’t as heavy handed as TED Talks (although I love those too).

This one I just found Tuesday night.  It is great for a couple reasons.  I like the feel good message it has.  I also like that it demonstrates how impactful putting a new spin on something can be. Click on the link. I couldn't find the same video on youtube, so I couldn't embed the video.


2. You may have seen this one…  And whether you have or haven’t seen it, you may be prejudiced against the speaker (I don’t know if Ashton Kucher’s still ‘cool’).  I suggest skipping to 1:30 when he actually gets to start talking without the fan screaming stuff.



3.  And interesting take on what education is about.  I like what this guy says.  He is a little full of himself, but I agree with much of his rant.  What do you think?



4.  Michael Jordan (hugely successful) about failure:




5.  Ok, this next one I’ve been thinking about for a while… It feels a little creepy being a teacher and sharing this with you, but I think it is such an important message I need to share it.  Especially as some of you go away to school and live on your own and feel ‘adult.’  I’m sharing one of Laci Green’s videos, but I strongly suggest that you take the time to watch others by her as well.  And  share them with your friends.  These are important messages.



Feel free to comment on any of these to create conversation.  But these don't count as your blog comments.


I hope you have a great summer! Be safe!

Mrs. Unger

No comments:

Post a Comment